Glad I didn’t fly out from Stockholm today… gosh.
From: “Joe Qeliqi”
Date: August 27, 2011 3:42:32 PM GMT+02:00
To: “JERRY SILFWER”
Subject: MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER.
Reply-To: “Joe Qeliqi”
As of last night, Mayor Bloomberg issued a MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER for Zone A, which includes the Downtown Club Condominium, by 5:00 PM Saturday (today).
If you require special assistance in evacuating, please ask the building staff for help. The city evacuation center for our neighborhood is Seward Park High School located at 350 Grand Street, NY NY.
Once this life threatening weather passes, we will do our best to communicate when it is safe to return. Again, the evacuation order is mandatory – so stay safe and depart timely. – MANAGEMENT
- NYC mayor orders mandatory evacuations for 270,000 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- MANDATORY EVACUATION for New Yorkers in low-lying areas, public transportation shutting down Saturday (brooklynvegan.com)
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg Orders Unprecedented Mandatory Evacuation Ahead Of ‘Very Dangerous’ Hurricane Irene (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NYC Orders First Mandatory Evacuation In History, 250,000 People Affected [Hurricane Irene] (gizmodo.com)
- In a NYC Evacuation Zone? Type Your Address To Find Out (mashable.com)
- Hurricane Evacuations: Why Some Won’t Go (livescience.com)