It’s popular to write down a bucket list of things to do before you die. But why not write down a fucket list of things not to do?
Reading time: 2 minutes
This should be a fun exercise.
A fucket list is the opposite of a bucket list. It’s the things you don’t want to do before you die.
(According to Urban Dictionary, it could also be spelled fuckit list and sometimes it refers to a list of people to have sexual intercourse with before you die. This is not such a list.)
The rules are simple:
- It must be something you don’t want to do, ever.
- It must be something that seems to be a “thing” to other people.
- It’s okay to be slightly passive-aggressive.
My Fucket List
In no particular order:
1. Jump out of a functional airplane. I don’t suffer from dopamine deficiency.
2. Buy stuff I don’t need. Stuff just wear you down.
3. “Fit in.” I don’t, anyway.
4. Get a tattoo. Because I might change my mind about it.
5. Run a marathon. There must be other ways to deal with a personal crisis.
6. Climb a mountain. I have no business up there.
7. Try auto-erotic asphyxiation. Brains need oxygen.
8. Geocaching. It’s just so incredibly lame.
9. Join the Mile High Club. It’s not sexy to have intercourse where strangers defecate.
10. Go backpacking for self-discovery. It’s such a cliché.
11. Bungee jump. It’s neither cool nor an accomplishment.
12. Ask for an autograph. I wouldn’t know what to do with it.
13. Respect religious beliefs. Because, you know, freedom of speech.
14. Do hookers, blow, and booze in Vegas. It’s artificial.
15. Swim with sharks. It’s their habitat, not mine.
16. See a psychic. If I did, I’d be better off seeing a psychiatrist.
17. Be a toastmaster. The job requires a certain type of personality.
18. Play golf. I would destroy too many expensive clubs.
19. Run for a political office. I’d love to run someone’s campaign, though.
20. Get easily offended. I don’t want to belong to that group.
21. Learn more about wine. I don’t want to belong to that group, either.
22. Get good at online multiplayer games. I suck so bad it would take me decades.
23. Join a cult. I’m not very good at following.
24. Go snowboarding. Downhill skiing is way cooler.
25. Visit a circus. Wild animals shouldn’t be living like that.
26. Keep up with the Kardashians. Because, why?
27. Be in a studio audience. Clapping hands and laughing on cue is just so sad.
What would you put on your fucket list? Please share in the comments.
Never miss a Doctor Spin article again?
Join 6,800+ of the best people on the planet — my SpinCTRL subscribers
(+ download 23 Tactics for Content Promotion as a signup bonus).
Want Jerry to speak at your event? Learn more here.
Doctor Spin’s comment policy:
“Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt